FACE is a class/session consisting of juggling (coordination of hands and eyes), jumping rope (timing of feet and body with cardio), martial arts (focus on proper technique, balance and discipline of movements), and fitness games (animal games for strength and conditioning). Also, the children speak on a different word each week in terms of public speaking. The emphasis is fitness and coordination, yet also uses the subliminal concept of building self-esteem and confidence for children through performing and speaking in front of others too.
- jumping rope
- fitness & coordination games
- martial arts
- public speaking
The following are sample topics that are covered during a session:
- How to apply Personal Development and positive attitude within youth’s day-to-day schedule
- Public Speaking on a word per class (Respect, Responsibility, Leadership, Teamwork, etc)
- Martial Arts’ principles of balance and focus, juggling for hand/eye coordination, jumping rope for timing and agility
- How to build Discipline, Fitness and Self-Esteem by having FUN each week
Fitness training is essential, but CHARACTER BUILDING is Priceless!
The three main beneficial aspects of FACE are seen in the changes that take place in the life of the individual student. Teachers and faculty have observed the following:
After School Enrichment
- Increased self-esteem. As students reach new levels of skill coordination and complete exercises in character building, such as public speaking, they are “promoted” with different color t-shirts, certificates and ribbons denoting their accomplishments. This is reinforced through praise and reflection upon how much they have accomplished, with focus on being a leader.
- Increased self-confidence. This is exemplified both inside the classroom where students are less afraid to participate in learning activities and outside the classroom where students interact more positively with others.
- Aggression Management. Students prone to disciplinary problems find physical and emotional outlets through exercise, mental stimulation and accomplishment.
or Extended care programs
ideal for elementary schools, after school for kids.
or individuals selected from School administrators ideal for building self-esteem and turning trouble makers into Leaders!
Weekly on-going Classes
ideal for improvement in both physical and mental aspects of child(ren).
Seminars and Workshops
are ideal for keynote and presentation to large groups.