The focus is on fitness to help reduce obesity in the kids today along with
character education to build self-esteem and respect.
Helping today's youth become tomorrow's successful leaders.
Even children who are not old enough to understand the consequences of their actions can suffer from them. Fitness and Character Education (FACE) motivates elementary school children to build fitness, self esteem and character before it’s too late.
Since its inception in 2003, the FACE core program and General Assemblies have reached and influenced more than 25,000 students building self confidence, nurturing broken spirits, growing moral character and instilling a non-defeatist attitude. With a focus on fitness, to help reduce obesity, the FACE program combines hand-eye coordination, physical fitness, public speaking and character education to build self esteem, respect and confidence.
The FACE Program has committed again to over 20 different sessions in Duval County Public Elementary Schools for 2016-2017 school year.
FACE for Duval County Public Schools
Goals of the FACE Program
Values and Qualities of the FACE Program
- To target elementary aged children and positively enhance their character, fitness level and leadership qualities
- To increase self esteem, self confidence and manage aggression and disciplinary problems effectively (with exercise, mental stimulation and accomplishment)
- To build a “community” one leader at a time by teaching confidence, self esteem and respect
- To nurture a student’s ability to achieve academically by growing areas of the child’s character and confidence
- To help today’s youth become tomorrow’s successful leaders by introducing positive social interaction
- Respect and courteousness
- Public speaking & eye contact
- General friendliness
- Openness to making new friends
- Understanding the importance of education and homework
- Developing & understanding physical fitness
The children of today are the leaders of tomorrow.
Respect others - Respect Yourself!